Welcome to UHS!
Rapid STI, HIV testing
Walk in and get tested for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and HIV:
- Tuesday, Oct. 11: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., Campus Center room 165
- Wednesday, Oct. 26: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., UHS, ground floor
- Monday, Nov. 7: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., Campus Center room 165
- Friday, Dec. 9: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., UHS, ground floor
STI tests screen for gonorrhea and chlamydia. HIV testing involves a finger prick; results are available in 20 – 30 minutes. The clinic is open to all UMass students. Your health insurance will be billed; bring your insurance card. Testing is conducted by UHS and sponsored by the Stonewall Center.
First and second-year students wanted
You may be eligible for a research study on Epstein-Barr virus (the virus that causes mono). Participants earn $25 compensation for each study visit! To find out, come to UHS' South Clinic:
- Tuesdays, 5:30 – 8 p.m., Sept. 27, Oct. 4 and Oct. 11
- Wednesdays, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Sept. 28, Oct, 5 and Oct. 12
- Thursdays, 5:30 – 8 p.m., Sept. 29, Oct. 6 and Oct. 13
Fight the flu
Avoid flu – get vaccinated at clinics around campus and at UHS.
Sleep can change your life!
Come to the Sleep Fair, Wednesday, Oct. 5, 1 – 3 p.m. in the Student Union Ballroom, for activities, vendors and freebies. Then come to "Sleepless @ UMass," 5 – 7 p.m. in Campus Center 804-05. Rebecca Spencer, Ph.D. explains what sleep does for you, what happens when you don't get enough, and how to overcome sleep challenges. Sponsored by the Center for Health Promotion and Campus Recreation.
Zika alert – mosquito bite prevention
Whether you're ready to quit, aren't sure what to do, or just want help getting through the day without tobacco, UHS' tobacco treatment program can help!