Overview of UMass AmherstOverview of UMass Amherst
The University of Massachusetts Amherst is a large and dynamic organization. As a new employee there are many resources that may be helpful when navigating our organization.
The University Organizational Chart provides context for our campus structure.
Maps are available to help you navigate our campuses:
- Take a virtual campus tour online from anywhere at any time!
- The (free) My UMass app will help you navigate the University of Massachusetts Amherst , providing a campus map (and directions), events, calendars and notifications.
- Maps are also available online:
- Amherst campus buildings map
- Amherst campus parking map
If working on the Amherst campus you may be working with Parking Services to purchase an on-campus parking permit. The Parking Services website provides on-campus parking permit fees and options. Alternatively you may be walking or bicycling to campus, or taking advantage of local bus service.
- Mt. Ida campus map
We operate on a number of different calendars. The:
- Academic calendar provides structure for our students and all faculty & staff supporting our students.
- Holidays and Campus Closure calendar provides dates on which holidays are observed by the Amherst Campus.
- Payroll Calendar reflects our bi-weekly pay schedule. Insurance premiums are payroll-deducted twice monthly, leaving two paydates each year with no insurance premiums deducted. Those dates are highlighted on the payroll calendar.
- Our fiscal (financial) calendar is defined by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and runs July 1 - June 30.