LMWE does so much to help us. We really appreciate you. You especially help us around workplace English services. You help us build community. And you enhance our diversity efforts. I would like to see you offer some basic computer skills to our employees (I look forward to the day when we are an online operation) and maybe some writing courses for our workers.
The awards and recognition, listed below, hint at the unique breadth and depth of our program.
Awards and Citations
- Cited by the Massachusetts State Senate for Exemplary, Innovative, and Successful Worker Education Services
- Cited by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the English Works Campaign for Workplace English Offerings, presented by the Lieutenant Governor
- Cited by the College and University Personnel Association for “Next Steps” Empowerment Offerings
- Cited by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for Partnership Efforts
- Cited by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for Effective Program Design
- By the Association of Joint Labor and Management Workplace Educational Programs for Attention to Issues of Caste and Class
- By the US Secretary of Labor for Worker Education Services
- By the Regional Workforce Development Board for Recruitment Efforts
- By Commonwealth Corporation for Older Worker Education and for Effective Pre-Apprenticeship Education
- By The Stone Center for Innovative and Effective Teaching Techniques
- The New York Times for Innovative Education at the Workplace
- The Washington Post for Efforts on Behalf of Early Childhood Educators
- Archdiocese of Springfield Television for Commitment to Social Justice and Diversity
- Promoted (via national down-link video) by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for Effective Worker Involvement
- More than 15 media articles about the program
What follows below are three sample testimonials, rotations from a larger pool.