Supervisors and managers have one of the largest impacts on how employees feel about their workplace. Supervisors and managers hold the expectations and ensure accountability for performance, respectful and inclusive behavior and engagement of employees at UMass Amherst.
Workplace Learning & Development is committed to supporting the development and success of UMass Amherst supervisors and managers by providing services and opportunities in a number of ways:
Skill & Knowledge Development -
- New Supervisor Orientation's content is now included in Foundations of Supervision program. The online Moodle program is currently undergoing a re-design and will be available spring 2023.
- Become A Manager is a self directed LinkedIn Learning Learning Path that explores the basics of becoming a supervisor. You will need to create a free LinkedIn Learning account to access this material.
- The Leadership Academy is comprised of multi-modal learning programs that support current supervisors and managers at various levels providing information and skill development.
- Workshops categorized for managers and supervisors that are listed under Workshops At-A-Glance.
Self-Guided Learning -
- Dealing with Change
- Effective Listening
- Fostering Inclusion and Respect
- Meeting Management
- Additional Self-Guided Learning topics
- LinkedIn Learning's New Manager Foundations Course
Flex Work at UMass Resource - updated Jan 2023
- Flex Work at UMass Overview
- Flex Work Guidelines
- Flex Work Agreement Form
- How to Keep your Employees Engaged and Connected
- Fostering Inclusive Virtual Teams
- Fostering a Culture of Belonging in the Hybrid Workplace
Services for Supervisors -
- Supervisory Consultation and Coaching
- Support for good Performance Management practices