Supervisors and Managers have one of the largest impacts on how employees feel about their workplace. Supervisors and Managers hold the expectations and ensure accountability for performance, respectful and inclusive behavior and engagement of employees at UMass Amherst.
WLD is committed to supporting the development and success of supervisors and managers on campus by providing services and opportunities in a number of ways:
- New Supervisor Orientation offered in-person and on-line.
- The Leadership Academy is comprised of 2 multi-modal learning programs that support current supervisors and managers at various levels providing information and skill development.
- Workshops categorized for managers and supervisors are listed under Workshops At-A-Glance.
- Self-Guided Learning:
- Access to LinkedIn Learning online workshops
- Resource Guides to suppport positive supervisory practices
- Consultation, Coaching Services
- Consultation and training on Performance Management at UMass Amherst
Additional Campus Resources for supervisors and managers