The New Supervisor Online Orientation program will help you as you begin your work as a supervisor or manager at UMass Amherst.
- What the University expects of supervisors
- An overview of supervisor's responsibilities for University policies, procedures and systems
- Their crucial role in promoting a respectful workplace
- Resources for supervisors and managers to support them in their role
Throughout this program we will use the words "manager" and "supervisor" interchangeably.
In this program we will be exploring expectations, supervisory skills and resources available to support supervision. On a piece of paper, write down your responses to these questions:
- In your opinion, what skills are most important to a supervisor's success in the workplace?
- What skills might your employees value most in a supervisor?
- What are your supervisory strengths?
We will revisit these thoughts towards the end of the program.
The Importance Of Getting To Know The People Who Work For You