Participants will learn how to create a budget in Kuali, including:
· A review of Kuali’s basic budget concepts and tour of the budget module
· How to create budget versions and export budgets to Excel
· Learn how cost of living increases and inflation work and are calculated
· How to add and assign personnel to budget periods
· How to add non-employees (consultants, other significant contributors, etc).
· How to budget academic (AY) and summer faculty effort
· How to calculate other personnel effort, including grad students
· How to add non-personnel budget items
· How to replicate budget periods
Participants will receive a Kuali Training Certificate of Completion if they complete all three proposal development trainings:
1. Kuali Proposal Development - Basics
2. Kuali Proposal Development - Budgeting Part 1
3. Kuali Proposal Development - Budgeting Part 2
The trainings are progressive in content and it is strongly encouraged that users take them sequentially.