Fostering Inclusion & Respect: Working in an environment where each employee feels like they matter to their department and the institution, where they feel their contributions are valued, and where they are treated fairly is the responsibility of all employees as well as all managers and leaders. Explore deeper how you can help shape a civil work culture where positive gestures of respect, inclusion, and kindness lift people up.
- Listen to why being respectful to your coworkers is good for business.
- Assess your civility behaviors using this quick online self-assessment.
- Learn what inclusion and exclusion behaviors look like in the workplace so you can ensure your words and actions help promote inclusion.
- Increase your toolkit of different ways to respond to biased comments.
- Learn more at UMass:
- Respect is a central value of the UMass Amherst community and work environment. The Principles of Employee Conduct serves as a policy on expectations for employee conduct.
- To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion at UMass, take a closer look at Diversity Matters – the University's online hub for data, educational resources, campus offices, plans, initiatives, and policies.
- Complete one or more of the online UMass Amherst Employee Inclusivity Trainings.
- Dive deeper with LinkedIn Learning: Create a free account and access the Adding Value Through Diversity course