Facilitation: There are skillful ways to guide and assist a group to increase its effectiveness in doing its work and making its decisions. Facilitation is an approach that a leader or a participant/employee in a meeting, committee, or project can use to help the group achieve its objectives.
- To understand the responsibilities of a facilitator, you must first identify the role of the facilitator.
- Learn essential components and skills from planning to intervening, so you can effectively facilitate a group.
- Watch this video to gain techniques to manage difficult meeting personalities.
- Add these 40 simple strategies to your toolkit that will make a huge difference in your meetings.
- Are you facilitating a workshop? WLD provides a Facilitator’s Guide to assist facilitators in their workshop design and delivery.
- Utilize services at UMass: Are you or your department planning a meeting, retreat, or other organizational meeting? If you need assistance with planning and/or facilitating, take a look at the type of support offered by WLD.