Emotional Intelligence: Having high emotional intelligence (EI) is essential in today’s workplace, especially to be an effective leader. Elements of EI include self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skills. This greatly helps you to build and maintain productive and healthy work relationships.
- How emotionally intelligent are you? Take this quiz that will give you insight and strategies to develop your skills.
- Familiarize yourself with EI through this quick introduction to EI as founder of emotional intelligence theory, Daniel Goleman, explains the basics.
- Gain strategies to help you develop strong "emotional intelligence skills".
- Read in-depth how emotional intelligence ties into your work and leadership in Daniel Goleman's book Leadership: The Power of Emotional Intelligence, which can be found as an eBook through the UMass Library website. Simply log in with your UMass username and password.
- Learn with LinkedIn Learning: Login and access the Developing Your Emotional Intelligence course.