Email Effectiveness: Many of us depend on email to share and request information, and to have virtual discussions. Often emails can cause confusion, resentment, or annoyance if not handled well. Before you hit the SEND button, review these tips and strategies to make email work for you and for others.
- Read about different hacks, strategies, and tips to be much more effective and efficient with your email.
- Use this 10 point video guide to avoid vague, time-consuming, and unnecessary email writing.
- Learn these helpful acronyms to use in your subject lines that clearly state what you are sharing or needing in your email.
- Develop in-depth best practices for email etiquette involving grammar, punctuation, greetings, signatures, spelling, work texts, CC/BCC, and much more.
- Learn how to reword phrases that may be interpreted as passive-aggressive, and when to use the phrase “please advise.”
- Expand your options for email sign-offs that go beyond "Thanks" or "Sincerely."
- Refer to the UMass Brand Guide to create a professional email signature.
- Before pressing send, refer to WLD’s Effective Email Writing Checklist.
- Learn with LinkedIn Learning: Create your free account and access the Taking Control of Email course.