Conflict Resolution: Conflict is a natural part of work, and we can always improve how we approach and resolve conflict in order to foster a healthy and productive work environment.
- Read more to understand how conflict can be meaningful and needed for the workplace.
- Consider this TED Talk to help you understand conflict better.
- Read how culture impacts the prevention and resolution of conflict in teams, and how you can pay attention to key behaviors and attitudes of cross-cultural teams.
- There are many suggested models and strategies for resolving conflict. Here is one way to help you talk about difficult topics to help minimize conflict.
- Understand why conflict happens in order to help move forward in any toxic conflict-ridden environment; whether it be conflict at work, home, or in the world. Check-out a digital copy of The Anatomy of Peace from the UMass Libraries to learn about the root cause of conflict.
- Utilize services at UMass: There are several campus offices to help you talk through your options and help you strategize how to address workplace conflicts. Visit or contact the Ombuds Office, Employee Counseling and Consultation Office, Equal Opportunity Office, HR Business Partners & Labor Relations, or WLD.
- Learn with Linkedin Learning: Login and access the course Conflict Resolution Foundations.