Conflict Resolution: Conflict is a natural part of work, and we can always improve how we approach and resolve conflict in order to foster a healthy and productive work environment.
- Fill out this module's "conflict self-reflection worksheets" to elaborate on your thoughts about conflict and to identify your conflict triggers.
- Read more to understand how conflict can be meaningful and needed for the workplace.
- Consider this TED Talk to help you understand conflict better.
- Read how culture impact the prevention and resolution of conflict in teams, and how you can pay attention to key behaviors and attitudes of cross-cultural teams.
- Understand why conflict happens in order to help move forward in any toxic conflict-ridden environment; whether it be conflict at work, home, or in the world. Check-out a digital copy of The Anatomy of Peace from the UMass Libraries to learn about the root cause of conflict.
- Utilize services at UMass: There are several campus offices to help you talk through your options and help you strategize how to address workplace conflicts. Visit or contact the Ombuds Office, Faculty & Staff Assistance Program, Equal Opportunity Office, Labor Relations, or WLD.