CoJourn @UMass for Staff & Faculty
A peer-to-peer program to support well-being
Do you want to start, change, or improve something but aren’t sure where to begin?
Are you worried that focusing on your well-being in the winter will be even that much harder?
Have you been putting off a personal project or goal?
Do you wish you had someone to encourage you and help you stay focused on your intentions?
Prioritizing your well-being doesn’t have to be a challenge. And you don’t need to do it alone.
These challenging times are calling for all of us to adapt to new ways of living our usual lives. Setting up additional structures of support and opportunities to create (virtual) social connection can be an important step in boosting well-being, staying engaged, and enabling us to meet the challenges before us.
We all can use more follow-through, accountability and connection in our lives. That’s where CoJourn @UMass can make that difference for you. CoJourn helps you finally prioritize what matters most to you, while connecting with a partner you choose for mutual support and accountability.
The CoJourn model was developed by UMass Amherst alumna Dr. Molly Keehn and Karl Henricksen.
- Receive program guidance and support from CoJourn @UMass to get the most from your journey
- Choose a partner (or we’ll help you find one). It’s great if you pick a UMass partner but you don’t have to. You can pick any partner you like!
- Set an intention related to an area of your life that you want to work on for a sustained period of time (3 months)
- Check in with one another 30 minutes each week for approximately 3 months (phone, video call) to share updates on your goals and to offer compassionate, non-judgmental support along the way
- Set small, manageable and achievable goals for the upcoming week that help you to move toward your intention.
Examples of past participants' intentions:
- Finish that project that keeps being put off
- Make more time for joy and fun
- Prioritize my own needs
- Stay socially connected amid the pandemic
- Learn strategies to manage my anxiety better
- Feel strong and healthy in my body
- Get more organized
- Sustained focus and follow through on something you want in your life
- Weekly, protected time to slow down and reflect on what's important to you
- A closer connection with another person who knows about your life
- The gift of learning from the struggles and successes of your partner
- The opportunity to celebrate small successes together
Interested? Sign up!
- CoJourn @UMass launched in mid-November and enrollment is now closed. More information to follow about future launches in 2021.
- If you have questions, contact the CoJourn @UMass Planning Team: email@example.com