It is vital that supervisors and managers familarize themselves with the union contract that that applies to their employees. When in doubt or have questions: Call Labor Relations (except for MSP and GEO). See Provost’s Office.
Employees paid on an hourly basis are non-exempt employees and salaried employees are referred to as exempt employees (determined by federal laws governing the qualification for overtime compensation)
- American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees (AFSCME Local 1776): Covers non exempt skilled trades, custodial, grounds, housing, food services and security employees
- University Staff Association (USA/MTA): Covers non-exempt clerical, technical and administrative employees
- Professional Staff Union/Massachusetts Teachers Association, (PSU/MTA): Covers mainly exempt administrative staff, and some non-exempt administrative staff
- Massachusetts Society of Professors (MSP): Covers all faculty and librarians
- Graduate Employee Organization (GEO) For teaching assistants and graduate interns
- International Brotherhood of Police Officers (IBPO) Local A&B: