Continuing and Professional Education
- The Schools and Colleges of UMass Amherst offer a rich diversity of programs and classes in a variety of different fields – business to nursing, engineering to sustainable agriculture, and beyond. Explore a variety of classes, professional degree and certificate programs that are offered online, in-person, or in blended format. Visit the Continuing and Professional Education website to learn more.
Environmental Health and Safety
- Any person who works in an area that has the potential to injure a person or can cause damage to property and/or the environment needs to receive training. EHS (The Department of Environmental Health & Safety) provides classroom trainings and online learning (OWL Online Web-based Learning).
- Support for faculty development: The Office of Faculty Development (OFD) supports all faculty at every career stage through workshops and resources for their successful onboarding, research/creative work, scholarly writing, mentoring networks, leadership skills, and career advancement.
- Support for teaching: The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) supports faculty across all career stages and disciplines with programs and resources focused on student-centered teaching, course and curriculum design, intercultural competency, leadership, and more.
Fitness and Wellness
- Enhance your fitness and wellness through UMass Campus Recreation. A vast variety of programs, classes, and resources are available throughout the year.
- Additionally, the Department of Kinesiology operates the campus' Body Shop Fitness Center in the Totman building. This fitness center serves as a teaching lab and gym.
- Specific training and education opportunities are designed for frontline workers through The Partnership for Worker Education – includes maintainers, trade workers, and clerks to professional, technical and support staff. The courses range from basic computer skills to high level computer applications; “next step” classes that develop professional interpersonal skills and valuable leadership skills; and English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes.
LinkedIn Learning is an online library of in-depth courses on subjects from creative tech tools and techniques to business skills. UMass Amherst students, faculty, and staff have unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning at no cost.