How to Apply

The Wind Energy Center is part of the Mechanical and Industrial Engineering (MIE) Department at the University of Massachusetts Amherst.

Undergraduate Students: Undergraduates in the MIE department have the opportunity to take some or all of the wind energy courses. Interested undergraduates in MIE are able to participate in wind energy research via internships, independent study, or senior thesis work. 

Graduate Students: The Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering (MIE) and the Graduate School oversee the graduate school application process and specify all master’s and Ph.D. degree requirements. All graduate program requirements and application information can be found here: