WGSS facuty and staff are currently working from home. Our chair, Banu Subramaniam, is doing weekly Zoom meetings with our students, faculty and staff. Karen is zooming and emailing with undergrads who need advising.
Do you want to stay in touch with WGSS? We currently have five listservs - see below.
The events list is an open, moderated list. If you are not a member you may post your event to the list with the link above. It must be relevant to the WGSS community. No fundraising, solicitation, roommate requests or partisan political events are allowed.
Members' posts are automatically sent through if they are 1,000 kb and under. Larger messages will be sent to the moderator. So, keep you messages small and avoid attachments if possible. If you have posted your event to any of our other lists, do not post to the events list also - this creates double postings for members. Lastly, your message will go to the list administrator if you post to multiple recipients as well as to the list, so please send a separate email. Any questions, contact the list administrator.
All of the following lists are closed lists, which means you may only post if you're on the list. If you are not on one of these lists and want to send a message to one of these groups, please send your request to the list administrator.
Things to know about the listservs
- We do not add anyone without their permission.
- Any messages to the list that have more than one recipient will be moderated.
- There is no way for us to know that your e-mail has changed. Please send an e-mail to the list administrator and we'll change it, OR click on the bottom of any message from the list to change it yourself or click on the link above. Do not a send a message to the list.
- We discourage attachments to any list because of the size. Please cut and paste the information in the message along with the attachment. Any messages over a certain size will go to moderation automatically.
- When replying, please make sure you are replying to the person who posted. Please do NOT "reply all" to the list.
- We are required by the University to encourage civil discourse among members of the lists. The list administrators have the right to remove anyone who does not cooperate
- Please do not send calendar items to any listservs.
How a Listserv works at UMass
Each of our lists is a very long list of e-mail addresses entered in alphabetical order. Each list is given an address much like our own UMass e-mail addresses. When you send a message to the list, the UMass server sends the message to all recipients on that list. It's not much different than just sending an e-mail to an individual.
Listservs are managed by IT at UMass. The system will accept bounce backs for full mailboxes and other issues for about one week and then it will delete your e-mail address from the list. It is possible to remove your name for periods of time that you're gone. In this case e-mail the administrator and we will make arrangements.
There is a digest option for all lists. The digest option sends your messages from the list once per day in one e-mail. Contact the listserv administrator if you'd like to use the digest option.