Finances and Scholarship
- If you have a question or concern about finances and financial aid, the Financial Aid office is a good place to begin.
The website has useful information and links.
You can walk in during their business hours and ask to sit down with a counselor.
There are also hours available in other locations including the Library Learning Commons, CMASS and International Programs.
CMASS is the Center for Multicultural Advancement and Student Success
They can assist with numerous issues and have programs including Financial Aid hours.
The Dean of Students Office can assist in a variety of circumstances. The office provides students with the support, resources, and referrals they need to succeed at the University.
- Applications for the Ann Ferguson Women & Gender Studies Scholarship are accepted at the Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts. There is one common application that includes this fund, set up by retired faculty member Ann Ferguson for WGSS undergraduate or graduate students as well as about 100 other funds
The Ann Ferguson Women and Gender Studies Scholarship is open to undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees or certificates in women and gender studies at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst are eligible
In addition to filling out the application, you must arrange to have the school send your most recent official academic transcript to the Community Foundation. Also, the submission of a Student Aid Report (SAR) is required
- College of Humanities & Fine Arts (HFA) scholarships
- UMass Amherst scholarship database
- The Maureen Flanagan Award was created to support undergraduate students who have financial need and who wish to enrich their educational experience by participating in opportunities such as research, summer internships, alternative spring breaks, or other initiatives that complement their major or field of study. Terms of the endowment funding this program state that preference will be given to women
- If you aren't a WGSS major or if your major isn't in another department in HFA, look to your own department and college for information
- For students on the honors track, Commonwealth College offers some scholarships and funding opportunities
- There is also the Office of National Scholarship Advancement which assists with national scholarships
- The Office of Undergraduate Research & Studies (OURS) is a resource for all undergraduates in all majors and at all stages of experience. OURS helps students find research and scholarly opportunities on and off campus, throughout the year. Students are also supported in preparing for and navigating the application process