moving services banner
Moving Services

How to Request Moving Services

Complete the SED Form

First you must complete the Surplus Equipment Disposal  (SED) Form . Complete the SED Form for all items. Allow 2-4- weeks for processing and Moving Services pick-up.

After You Submit The SED Form

  • Physical Plant Environmental Health and Safety personnel receives and reviews the initial requests and separates them for entrance into an All Hazards Review or remittance to Moving Services
  • Requests of potential environmental concern are sent to EHS for inspection and clearance. Once cleared these requests are scheduled for pick up.  
  • Requests deemed of no potential environmental concern are sent to Moving Services personnel where they are paced in queue for pickups.
  • Depending on value, condition and material, equipment picked up from campus is either placed in surplus storage off campus, recycled or disposed of.

Prepare For Moving Services Pick-Up

In order for Moving Services to complete a scheduled job on the appointed date, the customer must be completely packed (boxes closed, and marked  -if applicable) when the crew arrives.

  • Small and simple moving jobs will normally be scheduled and completed within 3-4 weeks of scheduling.
  • Large or complicated moves usually require an on-site pre-move visit by OWM with a department representative and sometimes EH&S for the purpose of conducting an all hazard review
  • Packing boxes are available from Moving Services.  Please request them. Boxes are available one week prior to the move and are expected to be ready for return to Moving Services no later than one week after the move completion. Although there is no charge for the use of moving boxes, the department must provide an account number (as a deposit).

Moving Services Not Provided

  • Pianos
  • Personal property moves between home and office
  • Event chairs (call private rental agency)
  • Furniture disassembly/assembly other than minor instances (for this service contact Customer Service or your Zone maintenance office)
  • Packing of boxes to be moved

Who Pays For Moves

  • Moves ordered by Space Management are generally funded by Space Management.
  • Moves required in order to provide building maintenance and repair are funded by Physical Plant.
  • Large departmental moves will be evaluated on a per-case basis.
  • Moves for organizations not involved directly or indirectly in academics are billable.