University of Massachusetts Amherst

Search Google Appliance

What Veterans Benefits Can I Receive?

As a student veteran and/or active member for the U.S. Military, you may be eligible to receive Veterans Educational Benefits.  Please review the following information located on the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to determine what benefits you are eligible for.:

The Post-9/11 GI Bill® offers higher education and training benefits to Veterans, Service members, and their families who served after Sept. 10, 2001.

The Montgomery GI Bill® assists active duty and Reservists with the pursuit of higher education degrees, certificates, and other education and training. These other VA education and training programs offer various education and training benefits or increased benefits to certain Reservists and Veterans and their survivors and dependents:

Veterans Educational Assistance Program

Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program

Educational Assistance Pilot Program

National Call to Service Program

Contact Us Anytime!
If you have questions regarding your veteran education benefits and/or your tuition/fees, please contact Lynn Gates in the Bursar’s Office:

Lynn Gates, Certifying Official
Veterans Benefits Certification Manager
Room 23, Dickinson Hall (email)
413-545-5792 (telephone)

If you want to learn more about the Veterans/Military Community at UMass Amherst, please contact the Student Veteran Resource Center (SVRC):

Room 19, Dickinson Hall
155 Hicks Way
413-545-0939 (telephone)
Open 9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday (all year including summers)


Please note: ‘‘GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at"