The University of Massachusetts Amherst
University of Massachusetts Amherst

Search Google Appliance

Current Student Veterans Information

New student Veterans

Welcome to University of Massachusetts Amherst.

The SVRC is full of opportunities to get to know current student Veterans, meet other incoming Veterans and ask questions ranging from Housing and Child Care services to GI Bill® and other benefits questions.  The University has a lot to offer and numerous services on campus.  The SVRC is here to assist as you navigate this new experience.


Parking discount for student Veterans 

The SVRC is pleased to announce that the SGA Secretary of Veterans Affairs has secured a 15% discount on full year parking permits for student Veterans

To qualify you must be registered as an active student with a valid SPIRE I.D and present a DD-214 or active duty military ID at the time of purchase.  Please visit the following webpage for full details:


If you have been called to active duty

If you are a current student called to active duty, contact the Dean of Students Main Office immediately. The student life support team will guide you through your choices in regard to withdrawing from your courses and on-campus housing (if applicable), receiving appropriate refunds, making contact with Financial Aid Services, and completing paperwork for external agencies.

Dean of Students Office
227 Whitmore Administration Building
(413) 545-2684


Please note: ‘‘GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at"