Tuition and Fees
Get access to the University of Massachusetts Amherst and what it has to offer, while keeping costs down as you pursue your degree. Investing in your education is a significant financial decision. We can make investing in tomorrow a little easier today.
NOTE: For specific information related to Interdisciplinary Studies, please refer to their Paying for College page.
Class fees for UWW session classes are charged per credit. Per credit fees vary based on course and program. Exact per credit and course costs can be found in the Restrictions/Notes section on the class in SPIRE.
- Credit class: $47/term; non-refundable*
- Non-Credit class: $25/term; non-refundable*
*Registration Fees will be increasing beginning Fall 2021 to $50 for credit classes and $30 for non-credit classes.
- Undergraduate Independent Study, Practicum or Capstone: $195/credit
- Graduate Independent Study or Practicum: $220/credit
- Summer Thesis/Dissertation: $195/credit
- Undergraduate-level students (including non-degree): $402/credit*, plus UWW Campus Fee $230/credit* (total $632/credit)
- Graduate-level students (including non-degree): see Bursar's website for rates
*per credit fees subject to change
- One-time, non-refundable $507 fee with student matriculates into a graduate program
One-time, non-refundable $135 fee applies to all undergraduate students admitted in Fall 2012 or later. Students admitted prior to Fall 2012 will continue paying the $75 Undergraduate Commencement Fee.