The term "refund" means returning monies already paid or removing charges that have been posted to a student's account if they have not yet been paid.
In order to receive a refund, you have to successfully drop the class(es) by the stated deadlines noted below.
Health Withdrawal: If you must withdraw from all of your classes for medical reasons, please request a health withdrawal from University Health Services (UHS). UHS determines the effective date of the withdrawal and the Registrar's Office will withdraw you as of the determined date. Refunds are then provided in accordance with the practices below.
Active Duty Military Service Withdrawal: If you are called to active duty military service during the term, you are required to send a copy of military orders to @email within one year of the beginning of the term in question in order to receive a 100% refund.
NOTE: The registration fee ($47 for credit courses and $25 for non-credit courses) is non-refundable, unless all other charges for all classes in a term are refunded. Campus imposed fees (e.g. UWW campus fee) are non-refundable after Add/Drop ends.
I am dropping a:
- 100% refund for classes officially dropped by end of Add/Drop for that class*
- 50% refund of per-credit UWW class fees for classes officially withdrawn between the end of the Add/Drop period and the Withdrawal end date. Campus-imposed fees (e.g. UWW campus fee) are non-refundable after Add/Drop ends.
- All charges will remain on your account for classes dropped after the Withdrawal period.
- Classes that run more than one week: 100% refund through the day after class begins; then no refund.
- Classes that run one week or less: 100% refund through the day before class begins; then no refund.
Select non-credit programs may have different refund policies, which supersede these standard ones. If such policies exist, they are included in the class description on this website.