International Transcript Requirements
Official transcripts from all post-secondary colleges or universities attended are required whether or not transfer credit is desired.
- Non-English transcripts must be accompanied by an official translation including both the signature and title of the translator.
- Applicants may not translate their own documents. If needed, the UMass Translation Center offers translations for a fee.
- In cases where an institution does not provide official original transcripts, an official notarized copy will be accepted.
- Transfer applicants from Chinese Universities: In order to be considered for admission and/or transfer credit, please arrange for a verification report of your university transcript with the China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center (CHESICC). The report must be mailed directly to the UMass Amherst UWW Admissions office by the CHESICC, rather than by you or any third party. Any transcript not mailed by the CHESICC will not be considered
A professional evaluation* of international transcripts is also required.
- Evaluations must be completed course-by-course
- Institutional policies will be applied once official documents are submitted.
- University-approved evaluators are listed below:
|Center for Educational Documentation||617-522-4738||www.cedevaluations.com|
|Educational Credential Evaluators Institute||414-289-3400||www.ece.org|
|World Education Services||212-966-6311
*There are no guarantees of transfer credit based on professional evaluations.
Secondary school transcripts are not required for admission, however, it is possible for applicants to receive college credit for certain kinds of secondary programs. The most common credentials awarded college credit are the German Abitur, French Baccalaureat, the International Baccalaureate and the advanced level and advanced subsidiary level exams in the British system.
The UMass Amherst evaluation of previous courses and credits will be conducted only after all required application materials have been received by the UWW Admissions Office.