Apply to Sustainable Food and Farming
Welcome! We are excited you’ve decided to apply.
The admission process differs depending on your current relationship with UWW and UMass Amherst. We put together the following guide to assist you.
Which Form Do I use?
The first thing is to figure out which application form to use. Are you a:
Are you a non-degree student who has only ever taken individual classes at UMass Amherst? Use the online UWW Undergraduate Admissions Application.
Are you a Former UMass Amherst (on-campus) Student who was enrolled in an on-campus degree program in the past? Welcome back! Use the UWW Undergraduate Admissions Application.
NOTE: If you are a Former UMass Amherst (on-campus) Student returning to complete your original on-campus degree, please review and complete the Application for Re-Enrollment.
Are you a Former UMass Amherst Student who was enrolled in a UWW/CPE program in the past? Welcome back! Please use the Undergraduate Reactivation Form.
To be considered for admission, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Associates Degree: Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Bachelors Degree: Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7
- Fours years of high school math - Exceptions may be made
- Official SAT or ACT scores sent directly from a testing agency - Applicants may request waiver if from:
- Massachusetts with a documented learning disability or;
- Graduated from high school five or more years ago
NOTE: AS Stockbridge graduates are usually admissible to the BS Program with:
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5+, including most recent terms
- Academic record which indicates success in General Education coursework.
|Starting Semester||Early Application
($50 Application Fee)*
|Fall||May 1||June 1|
|Spring||October 1||November 1|
|Summer||March 1||March 15|
*Applications received for admission through Fall 2021 will have the application fee waived. Applications received for Summer 2022 admission and beyond will be charged an Application Fee as noted in the table above.
Admissions are done on a rolling basis. Completed files will be reviewed and decided upon on a first-come, first-serve basis for each term. Decision letters are sent via email as decisions are determined.
In order to be considered for admission, please make sure that all of the required application materials are received by the following date:
Review the International Applicant Guide prior to submitting your application for admission to one of the UWW Programs.
For those filling out the UWW Undergraduate Admissions Application, make sure to submit all required materials below, some of which will be collected on the application:
- Essay: In 250 words or less, please tell us what led to your decision to apply to the UMass Stockbridge Sustainable Food and Farming program, include qualifications/traits you possess that would help you be successful, and how completing the program would help you meet your personal and/or professional goals.
- Official Transcript(s): Submit official college transcripts from all colleges you have previously attended, regardless of whether credit is desired. UMass Amherst accepts electronic transcripts from official third parties (eScrip-Safe, Parchment, etc.) or directly from the Registrar's office of the issuing school. Student-submitted transcripts are not accepted. Transcripts can be sent to the UWW Admissions, UMass Amherst, 350 Campus Center Way, Amherst, MA 01003-2902 or email to @email. Maximum transfer credit is 75 semester credits.
- High School Transcripts or GED Scores (if less than 27 transferable college credits)
- English Language Proficiency Documentation
If English is not your first language, please review our English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- International Transcript(s), if applicable.
If you have attended a post-secondary college or university, official transcripts are required whether or not transfer credit is desired. International Students: Please review our International Applicant's Guide.
Open configuration options
Never Stop Learning. We're here to help.
For those using the Undergraduate Reactivation form, please refer to the application for required materials.
Students who return to UMass Amherst after an absence of at least three years may have their prior work excluded from the calculation of their cumulative grade point average subject to certain conditions. This is known as the "Fresh Start" policy, because you begin a new cumulative GPA upon readmission.
Depending on your status when you were last a student, there may some additional steps you have to take. The application instructions will walk you through this and our staff is here to help.
What Happens After I Apply?
After we have received your application, we’ll give you access to our Applicant Center where you can check-in on the status of your application. Once all of your materials have been received, your application will be reviewed, and you will be notified of a decision by email within 4-6 weeks.