Apply to RN to BS
Welcome! We are excited you’ve decided to apply.
The admission process differs depending on your current relationship with UWW and UMass Amherst. We put together the following guide to assist you.
Which Form Do I use?
The first thing is to figure out which application form to use. Are you a:
Are you a non-degree student who has only ever taken individual classes at UMass Amherst? Use the online Undergraduate Admissions Application.
Are you a Former UMass Amherst (on-campus) Student who was enrolled in an on-campus degree program in the past? Welcome back! Use the Undergraduate Admissions Application.
NOTE: If you are a Former UMass Amherst (on-campus) Student returning to complete your original on-campus degree, please review and complete the Application for Re-Enrollment.
Are you a Former UMass Amherst Student who was enrolled in a UWW/CPE program in the past? Welcome back! Please use the Undergraduate Reactivation Form.
To be considered for admission, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Completion of 52 non-nursing credits, including the following courses (grade C or better required):
- Abnormal Psychology
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II
- Life Span Development
- Additional General Education courses
- RN licensure
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
|Starting Semester||Early Application
($50 Application Fee)*
|Spring||October 1||November 1|
|Summer||March 1||April 1|
*Applications received for admission through Summer 2021 will have the application fee waived. Applications received for Fall 2021 admission and beyond will be charged an Application Fee as noted in the table above.
Admissions are done on a rolling basis. Completed files will be reviewed and decided upon on a first-come, first-serve basis for each term. Decision letters are sent out as decisions are determined.
In order to be considered for admission, please make sure that all of the required application materials are received by the following date:
For those filling out the Undergraduate Admissions Application, make sure to submit all required materials below, some of which will be collected on the application:
- Copy of current RN License
- Professional Reference
- Official Transcript(s): Submit official college transcripts from all colleges you have previously attended, regardless of whether credit is desired. UMass Amherst accepts electronic transcripts from official third parties (eScrip-Safe, Parchment, etc.) or directly from the Registrar's office of the issuing school. Student-submitted transcripts are not accepted. Transcripts can be sent to the UWW Admissions, UMass Amherst, 350 Campus Center Way, Amherst, MA 01003-2902 or email to @email. Maximum transfer credit is 75 semester credits.
- English Language Proficiency Documentation
If English is not your first language, please review our English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- International Transcript(s), if applicable.
If you have attended a post-secondary college or university, official transcripts are required whether or not transfer credit is desired. International Students: Please review our International Applicant's Guide.
Students who return to UMass Amherst after an absence of at least three years may have their prior work excluded from the calculation of their cumulative grade point average subject to certain conditions. This is known as the "Fresh Start" policy, because you begin a new cumulative GPA upon readmission.
Depending on your status when you were last a student, there may some additional steps you have to take. The application instructions will walk you through this and our staff is here to help.