Apply to Hospitality & Tourism Management
Welcome! We are excited you’ve decided to apply.
The admission process differs depending on your current relationship with UWW and UMass Amherst. We put together the following guide to assist you.
Note: If you already have a Bachelor's degree, you are not eligible for admission to this program.
Which Form Do I Use?
All applicants should use the UWW Undergraduate Application with the exception of former UMass Amherst students who were matriculated and enrolled in classes as part of a UWW/CPE program. These students should use the UWW Undergraduate Reactivation Form instead.
NOTE: If you were matriculated into a UWW/CPE program but never enrolled in any classes, use the UWW Undergraduate Application.
To be considered for admission, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Minimum of 27 transferable college credits
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
|Starting Semester||Early Application
($50 Application Fee)*
|Fall||May 1||June 1|
|Spring||October 1||November 1|
|Summer||March 1||April 1|
*Applications received for admission through Summer 2021 will have the application fee waived. Applications received for Fall 2021 admission and beyond will be charged an Application Fee as noted in the table above.
Admissions are done on a rolling basis. Completed files will be reviewed and decided upon on a first-come, first-serve basis for each term. Decision letters are sent out as decisions are determined.
In order to be considered for admission, please make sure that all of the required application materials are received by the following date:
Review the International Applicant Guide prior to submitting your application for admission to one of the UWW Programs.
For those filling out the Undergraduate Admissions Application, make sure to submit all required materials below, some of which will be collected on the application:
- Essay: Discuss how your experiences led to your decision to apply to the HTM degree program and describe your educational goals, including the focus of your academic interests, and how you think UMass Amherst can help you meet those goals.
- Official Transcript(s): Submit official college transcripts from all colleges you have previously attended, regardless of whether credit is desired. UMass Amherst accepts electronic transcripts from official third parties (eScrip-Safe, Parchment, etc.) or directly from the Registrar's office of the issuing school. Student-submitted transcripts are not accepted. Transcripts can be sent to the UWW Admissions, UMass Amherst, 350 Campus Center Way, Amherst, MA 01003-2902 or email to @email. Maximum transfer credit is 75 semester credits.
- High School Transcripts or GED Scores (if less than 27 transferable college credits)
- English Language Proficiency Documentation
If English is not your first language, please review our English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- International Transcript(s), if applicable.
If you have attended a post-secondary college or university, official transcripts are required whether or not transfer credit is desired. International Students: Please review our International Applicant's Guide.
Applicants are also evaluated on other criteria, including work and military experience and life circumstances.
For those using the Undergraduate Reactivation form, please refer to the application for required materials.
Students who return to UMass Amherst after an absence of at least three years may have their prior work excluded from the calculation of their cumulative grade point average subject to certain conditions. This is known as the "Fresh Start" policy, because you begin a new cumulative GPA upon readmission.
Depending on your status when you were last a student, there may some additional steps you have to take. The application instructions will walk you through this and our staff is here to help.