Apply to Accelerated Bachelor in Nursing
Welcome! We are excited you’ve decided to apply.
The admission process differs depending on your current relationship with UWW and UMass Amherst. We put together the following guide to assist you.
Which Form Do I use?
The first thing is to figure out which application form to use. Are you a:
Are you a non-degree student who has only ever taken individual classes at UMass Amherst? Use the online UWW Undergraduate Admissions Application.
Are you a Former UMass Amherst Student who was enrolled in a degree program, other than the Accelerated Bachelors in Nursing program, in the past? Welcome back! Use the UWW Undergraduate Admissions Application.
Are you a Former UMass Amherst Student who was enrolled in the Accelerated Bachelors in Nursing program in the past? Welcome back! Please use the Undergraduate Reactivation Form.
To be considered for admission, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in a field other than nursing
- Completion of 6 prerequisite courses within the last 5 years (NOTE: Any prerequisite taken for credit toward a degree that you completed is not subject to the 5-year expiration) with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA of prerequisite grades and no course grade lower than a C:
- Life Span Development
- Human Nutrition
- Medical Microbiology
- Anatomy and Physiology (2 semesters with labs)
- Statistics of Human Growth and Development throughout the lifespan
|Summer (August)||January 15|
Admissions reviews are done on a rolling basis. Completed files will be reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis for each term. Decisions are sent out by the College of Nursing on March 1.
In order to be considered for admission, please make sure that all of the required application materials are received by February 1.
For those filling out the UWW Undergraduate Admissions Application, make sure to submit all required materials below, some of which will be collected on the application:
- Essay: Why have you chosen nursing? Include why you are an excellent candidate for our program and tell us how you have demonstrated a minimum of two College of Nursing values in your life choices thus far in your 500-word answer.
- Professional Reference
- Official Transcript(s): Submit official college transcripts from all colleges you have previously attended, regardless of whether credit is desired. UMass Amherst accepts electronic transcripts from official third parties (eScrip-Safe, Parchment, etc.) or directly from the Registrar's office of the issuing school. Student-submitted transcripts are not accepted. Transcripts can be sent to the UWW Admissions, UMass Amherst, 350 Campus Center Way, Amherst, MA 01003-2902 or email to @email. Maximum transfer credit is 75 semester credits.
- English Language Proficiency Documentation
If English is not your first language, please review our English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- International Transcript(s), if applicable.
If you have attended a post-secondary college or university, official transcripts are required whether or not transfer credit is desired. International Students: Please review our International Applicant's Guide.
For those using the Undergraduate Reactivation form, please refer to the application for required materials.
Depending on your status when you were last a student, there may some additional steps you have to take. The application instructions will walk you through this and our staff is here to help.
What Happens After I Apply?
After we have received your application, we’ll give you access to our Applicant Center where you can check-in on the status of your application. Once all of your materials have been received, your application will be reviewed, and you will be notified of a decision by email within 4-6 weeks.