Hours: M-F 8:30-5 PM ET
As the nation’s top online bachelor's degree in Interdisciplinary Studies with a focus in arts management, the UWW Degree Completion Program will help you kickstart your career, whether you’re already working as an arts manager, community artist, arts educator, or are just entering the field.
You can tailor your degree to your interests and goals through online courses in areas such as marketing, fundraising, program evaluation, finance, strategic planning, arts education and policy, and creative economy (a first in the U.S.).
- You’re in the Driver’s Seat: Design your own degree concentration through your perfect mix of 100% online courses, and optional blended, or on-campus offerings to fit your busy life. Plus, most of our courses are asynchronous, meaning you can complete them on your schedule.
- Accelerate Your Degree: Bring in or earn up to 105 credits for your prior coursework, prior learning, and life and work experience to accelerate your degree, saving you time and money.
- Hands-on Participation: Working with extraordinary arts administration colleagues around the world, you will have the opportunity to immediately apply what you have learned to a case study organization or business (ideally your own!)
- Cross Disciplinary Boundaries: Craft your concentration to suit your goals and interests, from taking online courses in education to run an arts organization for children, to focusing on online business courses to start your own gallery, or online social justice courses to support community and environmental arts activism.
Your Future in Arts Management
With an Interdisciplinary Studies degree focused in arts management, you can advance your career in non-profit arts administration, gallery management, or as the owner/manager of an arts organization, program, or business.
- $135,900: Median annual wage for advertising, promotions, and marketing managers
- 9%: Projected employment growth for archivists, curators, and museum workers from 2018 to 2028—faster than average
- $116,180: Median annual wage for public relations and fundraising managers
Flexible, Cross-Disciplinary Courses
You will take small, interactive courses through the renowned UMass Arts Extension Service, the leading provider of arts administration curriculum and authors of the nation's most in-demand arts management textbook.
To give you an idea of the types of online arts management courses you could choose from, here is a sampling offered over the past few years.
Additional coursework is also available to support your specific goals and interests. If your goal is to run an arts organization for children, education courses are available. To run your own for-profit arts business, add business coursework. Interested in arts activism? Take social justice classes.
|ARTS-EXT||390A||Cultural Equity in the Arts|
|ARTS-EXT||390B||Cultural Policy and Advocacy|
|ARTS-EXT||391A||Foundations in Arts Entrepreneurship|
|ARTS-EXT||500||Introduction to Arts Management|
|ARTS-EXT||504||Financial Management in the Arts|
|ARTS-EXT||509||Greening Your Nonprofit Arts Organizations|
|ARTS-EXT||511||Grantwriting for the Arts|