Hours: M-F 8:30-5 PM ET
Through the UWW Degree Completion Program, you can finish your bachelor's degree in Interdisciplinary Studies online with a focus in applied psychology, taking advantage of the growing demand for employees well-educated in the field of psychology.
Whether you have years of experience in applied psychology or are just starting out, you will enhance the skills you need to advance your career. You can also specialize your degree through online courses in educational and social psychology, abnormal psychology, child psychology and development, addiction, leadership and organizational behavior, cognitive behavior, and more.
- You’re in the Driver’s Seat: Design your own degree concentration through your perfect mix of 100% online courses, and optional blended, or on-campus offerings to fit your busy life. Plus, most of our courses are asynchronous, meaning you can complete them on your schedule.
- Accelerate Your Degree: Bring in or earn up to 105 credits for your prior coursework, prior learning, and life and work experience to accelerate your degree, saving you time and money.
- Cross Disciplinary Boundaries: Craft your individualized degree concentration to suit your goals and interests, from taking online courses in health to study health psychology, to focusing on online education courses to work with children, or business courses to study business psychology.
- Mass General Brigham employees: Receive a 10% discount and more through our affiliation with Mass General Brigham.
Your Future in Applied Psychology
With an Interdisciplinary Studies degree focused in applied psychology, you can advance your career in high-demand professions such as counseling and administration, victim advocacy, substance abuse prevention and treatment, mental health and addiction services, case management, social services, human services, child and youth services, and education. We can also help you complete your undergraduate degree before applying to graduate school.
We are not a social work, counseling, or psychology licensure program. If you are seeking any type of licensure, our staff member Jesse Lederman is happy to help you identify the state board or agency you will need to contact to determine if our program meets your state’s requirements.
- 22%: Projected employment growth for substance abuse, behavioral disorder, and mental health counselors from 2018 to 2028—much faster than average
- $50,470: Median annual wage for social workers (while some categories of social worker/human service worker only required a bachelor's, some require more advanced education).
- $67,150: Median annual wage for social and community service managers.
Flexible, Cross-Disciplinary Courses
You will study with distinguished instructors in the UMass departments of Psychology and Sociology, the College of Education, the School of Public Health and Health Sciences, and more.
To give you an idea of the types of online psychology and related courses you could choose from, here is a sampling offered over the past few years.
|PSYCH||217||Psych Of Cruelty & Kindness|
|PSYCH||240||Statistics In Psychology|
|PSYCH||291||Meth Inqry In Psych|
|PSYCH||297B||Developing Behavioral Experiments|
|PSYCH||297D||Disorders in Children|
|PSYCH||297T||Behavioral and Technology Addictions|
|PSYCH||304||Brain, Mind & Behavior|
|PSYCH||320||Think and Learn|
|PSYCH||365||Psychology of Aging|
|PSYCH||383||Theory and Practice of Counseling and Psychotherapy|
|PSYCH||391AD||Psychology of Adoption|
|PSYCH||391CF||Common Factors of Psychotherapy|
|PSYCH||391ED||Emotion. Dysregulation across Psychopathology|
|PSYCH||391GM||Gender and Mental Health|
|PSYCH||391LM||Language and the Mind|
|PSYCH||391MC||Multicultural Psychology: Intersections of Race, Class and Gender|
|PSYCH||391WM||Women's Mental Health|
|PSYCH||397D||Autism Spectrum Disorder|
|PSYCH||397M||Controversies in Modern Parenting|
|PSYCH||404||History and Contemporary Systems|
|PSYCH||405||Human Stress & Emotion|
|PSYCH||480||Intellectual Disability: Concepts and Controversies|
|PSYCH||491D||Impact of Disabilities on Families|
|PSYCH||491N||Introduction to Human Neuropsychology|
|PSYCH||494RI||Interdisciplinary Directions in Psychology|
|PSYCH||525||Drugs and Behavior|
|SOCIOL||364||Sociology of Mental Health|
|SOCIOL||397AM||Asylums, Madness, and Mental Illness|
|UWW||377||Child Abuse & Neglect: Multidisciplinary Approaches|
|UWW||391C||Introduction to Counseling|
|UWW||397SV||Sexual Violence: Interdisciplinary Perspectives|