Dates: June 25 - July 8, 2023
Program Length: 2 weeks
Format: In person
Residential or commuter
Schedule: M-F 9am - 4pm
Student Profile: Rising sophomore - senior
Cost: $3,454 Residential
Sports Broadcasting (CLOSED)
Love sports? Love broadcast journalism? Then this 2-week hands-on sports broadcasting program at UMass Journalism will rock your world! Learn the basics of sports broadcasting in our new state-of-the-art broadcast studio with experienced UMass Amherst Journalism faculty as your teachers.
- Do a live streamed sports talk show
- Anchor and report on a TV sportscast
- Learn how to generate story ideas, do interviews, write scripts, run camera, video/audio editing and on-air/on-camera presentation
- Cover actual sports stories in the Amherst area to gain experience in the field
- Learn how to use our cutting-edge cameras, editors and live-streaming equipment
- Have a great time with new friends in the process
Sport Program Bundle
Want to dive deeper into the sports industry? Spend 4 weeks immersed in the world of sports at UMass Amherst.
Apply for both Sports Broadcasting and the Sport Management & Leadership Academy and save $500. Discount will be applied automatically at registration.
This course is offered at the UMass Amherst campus as a residential program. Local students may apply to attend as a commuter.