In person: July 10 - 23, 2022
Online: July 11-22, 2022
Program Length: 2 weeks
Format: Online or in person
Residential or commuter
Schedule: M-F 9am - 4pm
Student Profile: Rising sophomore - senior
Cost: $3,506 Residential
Sport Management & Leadership Academy
Applications for the online program will be accepted through July 1st. Applications for the in-person program are closed.
Hosted by the #1 ranked Sport Management department on the globe, the McCormack Department's Sport Management & Leadership Academy provides a platform for talented high school students to learn practical sport business applications and industry insights from our world renowned faculty and industry-leading alumni.
- Data Analytics in Sports Performance
- Sports Marketing & Fandom
- Sport, Digital Media & Content Management
- Sport Economics & Market Forces
- Brand Sponsorship in Sport
- Leading the Pack: Profiles in Sport Leadership
- “Show Me The Money!”: Representing Professional Athletes
- Sport Entrepreneurship & Running Your Own Business
- Sport Policy & Decision Making
Students who attend this program will:
- Gain a macro-level understanding of the sport management industry and key stakeholders
- Conceptualize and analyze the unique consumer behavior factors surrounding sports as a product
- Conceptualize and analyze the unique market/business dynamics surrounding sports as a business
- Gain valuable access to UMass/McCormack’s unrivaled sport management alumni database and faculty
- Complete a professional presentation on one area of interest from the 2-week program, for use in applications and career development
The McCormack Department is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment in the classroom, and the sports industry. Young women and students of color who cannot meet the financial obligations of the Sport Management & Leadership Academy are encouraged to apply for a scholarship. Please see Tuition & Fees to learn how to apply.
Students may attend this course either in person or online.
This course is offered at the UMass Amherst campus as a residential program. Local students may apply to attend as a commuter.