We look forward to receiving your application. Contact us if you need any help. We are happy to answer your questions and walk you through the process.
- Download the application and instructions.
- Mail your complete application materials postmarked by the priority deadline (April 15 to start in September; Oct. 1 to start in January). We are still accepting applications for fall admissions.
- short essay
- application fee
- Have your official transcripts mailed directly from all colleges you have ever attended to the address on the application. Do this now. It can take a while.
- Make sure all required application materials, including transcripts, are mailed to the address on the application by the credentials deadlines of May 1 (postmarked) for fall admissions; October 15 (postmarked) for spring admissions.
- If you are a former UMass Amherst student, the process for applying will be a little bit different for you. Read this.
- If you have international transcripts and/or English was not your first spoken language, review the International Applicant's Guide for specialized information and instructions to help you.
- Learn about and apply early for financial aid.
the early bird gets the worm.
Priority for admission will be given to applicants who have met the priority application deadline and have all required application materials in to the admissions office by the credentials deadline.
UMass Amherst will process late applications, as well as on-time applications completed late, without guarantee and on a space-available basis. As long as we have space available in our entering class, we may continue to make late offers of admission. However, once we fill our entering class, we no longer review late applications or on-time applications which are completed late, even if they were submitted prior to the time we filled our entering class.
the next step.
Sometime after your completed application form has been received and uploaded into our system, we will start sending you weekly emails updating you on the status of your application. Your application will be reviewed for admission as space allows once all of your materials have been received. You will be notified of a decision by mail within 4-6 weeks after your application is reviewed.