Who Can Enroll
The following populations can take UMass Amherst University+ classes:
- Non-credit classes are open to anyone, with no requirements
- Students under 18 years of age must have permission of their parent or guardian to enroll.
- Graduate degree programs and classes require at least a bachelor's degree.
- Some classes may require prerequisite college-level work.
- You may enroll in classes before being formally admitted to a degree program (non-degree status*), however, enrollment does not imply acceptance into a degree program.
- In accordance with UMass Amherst policy, UMass Amherst students under academic suspension/dismissal, or trespassed from the UMass Amherst campus may not enroll in University+ classes.
*Non-degree students are those who are enrolled in credit-bearing classes but have not submitted an application for admission to a degree program at UMass Amherst or are taking credit-bearing classes in a term prior to their official admit term into a degree program at UMass Amherst. Credit taken as a non-degree student will appear on a UMass Amherst transcript, and may be transferable into a degree program at the discretion of the program/institution granting the degree.