Independent Study or Practicum
The following instructions pertain to:
- Campus students enrolling in an IS/Practicum in Summer or Winter
- Undergraduate students in a program administered through the University+ session and Undergraduate-Level, Non-Degree students enrolling in an IS/Practicum in any term
Note: Any enrollment holds must first be cleared by the student before proceeding with the enrollment request.
- Complete the Independent Study/Practicum Enrollment form. You must have the name and email of your Faculty Sponsor.
- Upon submission, an email will be sent to your Faculty Sponsor, to the email you designate on the form, with instructions on how to approve your request.
- You will receive a copy of the email to serve as confirmation that the request was sent to your Faculty Sponsor for approval.
- Once we receive approval from Faculty Sponsor via email, you will be enrolled in the class and will be notified at your UMass email address. You may also check your schedule in SPIRE.
- Requests received directly from students will not be accepted.
Contact the Career Development Hub designee, Mary Lysakowski, at @email for details on how to enroll in an Independent Study or Practicum through the Career Development Hub.
University+ Undergraduates (including undergraduate-level non-degree): Follow instructions above.
Campus-based Undergraduates: Register the same way as for other University-scheduled classes.