Apply to Bachelor of Business Administration
Welcome! We've put together the following guide to assist you in applying.
Note: If you already have a Bachelor's degree, you are not eligible for admission to this program.
Applicants should use our Undergraduate Admissions Application.
FORMER UMASS DEGREE STUDENTS: If you are a former UMass Amherst student who did not complete your degree and you are interested in returning to the University, please visit the Reactivation and Readmission page for instructions.
To be considered for admission, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Minimum of 27 transferable college credits
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
The following materials are required when applying to this program, some of which will be collected as part of the application.
NOTE: For those applicants using the Undergraduate Reactivation form to apply, please refer to the application for any required materials as they may be different than those noted below.
- Essay: In about 150 words, please tell us what led to your decision to apply to this program as well as your educational goals.
- Official Transcript(s): Submit official college transcripts from all colleges you have previously attended, regardless of whether credit is desired. UMass Amherst accepts electronic transcripts from official third parties (eScrip-Safe, Parchment, etc.) or directly from the Registrar's office of the issuing school. Student-submitted transcripts are not accepted. Transcripts can be sent to the Admissions Office, UMass Amherst, 350 Campus Center Way, Amherst, MA 01003-2902 or email to @email. Maximum transfer credit is 75 semester credits.
- English Language Proficiency Documentation: If English is not your first language, please review our English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- International Transcript(s), if applicable.
If you have attended a post-secondary college or university, official transcripts are required whether or not transfer credit is desired.
International Students: Please review our International Applicant's Guide.
Applicants are also evaluated on other criteria, including work and military experience and life circumstances.
($60 Application Fee)
Admissions are done on a rolling basis.
In order to be considered for admission, please make sure that all of the required application materials are received by the following date:
Applications are not considered complete and cannot be reviewed until we have received all required materials. Complete applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received.
Applicants who are returning to UMass Amherst after an absence of at least three years may have their prior work excluded from the calculation of their cumulative grade point average subject to certain conditions. This is known as the "Fresh Start" policy, because you begin a new cumulative GPA upon readmission. Please review the Fresh Start policy for more information including eligibility requirements. Questions about this policy can be directed to @email.
What Happens After I Apply?
Following receipt of your application, you will be sent an email with further information. Within 5-6 business days, you will also receive credentials that will allow you to log into our student information system (SPIRE) where you will be able to check the status of your application and missing materials, if applicable.
NOTE: Application review will not take place until we have received all required materials in our office. It is essential for you to check the status of your application and remit any materials as quickly as possible. Decisions are generally determined within 4-6 weeks from the start of application review.
HOLDS: Prior students are responsible for resolving any hold(s) on their UMass account. Applications received on accounts that have a hold which prevents enrollment will not be reviewed by admissions until resolved. To check for holds, log into SPIRE, on the right side of the screen on your student services center page you will see “holds”. To resolve, please contact the office which placed the hold. Once resolved, we can begin our review (if all required materials have also been received). For advising holds, please contact your department.
Please add the @umass.edu domain to your Safe Senders list so that important emails from UMass Amherst don't get caught in your spam filter. You can follow these instructions on how to add to your Safe Senders list for Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail and a few others.