UMPD supports UMassIT efforts in protecting your information. In a March 7th message to the campus UMassIT encouraged account holders to change their NetID password. If you have not done so since receiving that message, please change your password now. Thank you in advance.
For questions, contact the IT Help Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the IT professional in your department, as applicable.
CHANGE YOUR NETID PASSWORD
- (Optional) If you are using Microsoft Exchange and have your email set up on your tablet or mobile devices, power off your devices.
- On the UMass Amherst homepage (top right corner), click SPIRE.
- Log in to SPIRE with your NetID and password.
- In SPIRE, click Main Menu > IT Accounts > My IT Accounts.
- On the Account List page, click the name of an IT Account (e.g., chelaru).
- On the Account Detail page, in the lower right corner, click Change Password.
- Follow the instructions to change your password. Be sure to click Change IT Password at the bottom of the page. This will change your password for UMail, Apps at UMass Amherst, Library, Human Resources, and other campus services.
To connect to the eduroam wireless network, you may have to run the XpressConnect setup wizard again.
Note: If your Exchange email and workstation login password has been reset, you will see a message that your AD/Exchange account password has also been changed.
- (Exchange Users) Confirm that you can log in to Exchange with the new password at exchange.umass.edu. Next, turn your mobile devices on one by one and change the password for the email account as prompted.
Mar 18, 2015, 3:09 pm
Last Updated: Sep 6, 2016, 1:00 pm