The Bursar's Office will bill you for tuition, room and board, and all mandatory fees. The fall payment due date is usually the beginning of August and the spring payment due date is usually the beginning of January. You must pay in full by the due date or a late fee will be assessed.
You have several options for paying the university bill. Visit the Bursar's Office for full details on billing and payments.
UPay Monthly Payment Option
UMass Amherst also offers students the option to pay their university bills in 10 monthly installments through the UPay payment plan. Monthly payments are automatically deducted from your bank account at no cost or by credit card with a 2.7% convenience fee. There is a $55 annual enrollment fee for this payment plan.
For information on how to enroll in the UPay payment plan please visit the Bursar's Office or call 413-545-2368.
You may apply for a Parent PLUS Loan on the Forms section of this site or an alternative loan. These loans are not need-based. You can apply for any amount up to your unmet Cost of Attendance (Cost of Attendance – Financial Aid Awarded to Student = Unmet Cost of Attendance) regardless of your Expected Family Contribution.
- Never disregard a billing statement.
- Carefully read everything you receive from the Bursar's Office.
- Create a file for your UMass Amherst billing statements and any correspondence or notes regarding the statements. Also, include any information pertaining to your financial aid.
- Keep copies of all bills for tax reporting purposes.
- It is very important to be aware of the payment due date and UMass Amherst policies.
- It is advisable not to wait until the payment due date to contact the Bursar's Office with questions regarding your billing statement.