Job Title: Lifeguard
Hiring Period: Academic Year, Summer | Hourly Pay Rate: $12.75 | Hours per week: 8-20
On/Off Campus: Off Campus | Work-Study/Non Work-Study: Non Work-Study
Job Description: The core values that guide the YMCA in fulfilling the mission and goals are: Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility - For ALL.
Hampshire Regional YMCA
Hampshire Regional YMCA is a community hub offering diverse programs and classes to our members.
We are currently hiring lifeguards to help keep our members safe in our two pools.
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the lifeguard is responsible for the direct supervision, control, organization, and safety of all participants in the pool and pool area. The lifeguard works in cooperation with other YMCA staff, and consistent with the YMCA mission.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
• Must possess a current Lifeguard certificate
• Must be able to open the pool and work 5:15-9am, at least twice a week.
• The lifeguard is responsible for the appearance, presentation, and working order of the pool area while on duty.
• It is the lifeguard’s responsibility to observe the pool and pool area and to take the proper corrective action as instructed or included in the job description.
• Lifeguards are expected to prevent accidents and minimize, or eliminate, hazardous situations in and around the pools.
• Have and maintain current certification for:
o YMCA or American Red Cross Lifeguard Training.
o First Aid/CPR/AED (American Heart Association Health Care Provider for BLS; American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer; National Safety Council, and American Safety and Health Institute CPR-Pro and Universal First Aid).
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and an opportunity to participate in 403(b).
We require all applicants to submit an application, which can be found on our website: http://www.hrymca.org
In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume and cover letter.
Please email your application, resume and cover letter to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org
Or mail/in person,
Attn: Sovina Mansfield
How to Apply: Email, See instructions in job description
Employers Website: https://www.hrymca.org/
Name/Company: Sovina Mansfield
286 Prospect St
Northampton, Massachusetts 01060
Job Number: 41549