Job Title: Tour Guide
Hiring Period: Academic Year | Hourly Pay Rate: $13.50 | Hours per week: 5-10
On/Off Campus: Off Campus | Work-Study/Non Work-Study: Work-Study, Non Work-Study
Job Description: Campus Tour Guides work under UMass Undergraduate Admissions to present University information and personal experience to prospective students, families,
counselors, and special groups.
For Fall ‘20 and Spring ‘21, this position may be
A typical workweek will consist of Virtual Prospective and Admitted Student Programming, as well as Special Admissions Projects.
We hope to re-open the Visitors Center and resume in-person tours alongside our virtual programming given
public health and regulatory guidelines allow it.
• Participate in weekly and monthly trainings and staff meetings.
• Weekend work is required. Typically 1-3 weekends per semester.
• Must be enthusiastic, positive, inclusive, and able to work with diverse communities.
• Must have a strong interest in showcasing the positive aspects of UMass, college life, and the Amherst area.
• Must be prepared to present to groups ranging from 5-50 people.
• Tour guides are required to adhere to strict confidentiality and complete FERPA training.
• Strong internet connectivity is required.
How to Apply: See Website
Employers Website: https://www.umass.edu/visitorsctr/were-hiring
Name/Company: Kate Godfrey
Department: Enrollment Management
UMass Visitor Center
Amherst, Massachusetts 01003
Job Number: 41455