Job Title: Intern
Hiring Period: Academic Year | Hourly Pay Rate: $12.75 | Hours per week: 20
On/Off Campus: On Campus | Work-Study/Non Work-Study: Work-Study, Non Work-Study | On Bus Route
Job Description: The Academic Success Intern will be supervised by the Coordinator of Learning Enhancement with the primary responsibility of meeting with his/her assigned caseload of student-athletes to develop and improve academic related skills and contribute to the development and maintenance of objective based study hall plans.
He/She will perform additional duties related to the role, including, but not limited to:
● Assisting student-athletes in setting and tracking manageable weekly objectives
● Monitoring and documenting weekly progress of his/her assigned caseload
● Collaborating with other Academic Success staff (Director of Academic Success, Tutor Coordinator, Academic Counselors, Tutors) in strategy and management of student-athlete academic support and objective based study hall plans
● Complete end of term assessments regarding academic progress of students in objective based study hall
The applicant must be available to work 15-20 hours per week and must be willing to work flexible hours including some nights and weekends.
● Completion of a bachelor's degree prior to start date of appointment
• Master's degree in Education, Psychology, Sport Management, or a related field completed or in progress
● Proficient in all facets of Microsoft Office
● Previous work with academically at-risk populations
● Interest in working in the fields of athletic academic support, higher education, and/or collegiate athletics
● Previous experience within the field of education (i.e. academic advising, tutoring, teaching) and/or collegiate athletics
● Experience in collegiate athletics academic support, higher education, teaching, or a related field
● Familiarity with NCAA rules and regulations
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume with two references to Colby Hall at email@example.com
How to Apply: Email, Send Resume
Name/Company: Colby Hall
131 Commonwealth Ave.
Amherst , Massachusetts 01002
Job Number: 40557