Job Title: Swim Instructor
Hiring Period: Academic Year | Hourly Pay Rate: $12.75 | Hours per week: 10-15
On/Off Campus: Off Campus | Work-Study/Non Work-Study: Non Work-Study
Job Description: The Hampshire Regional YMCA Dolphins Swim Team is looking to hire a part-time Assistant Swim Team Coach.
Under the direction of the Swim Team Head Coach and Aquatics Director, the Assistant Swim Team Coach is responsible to provide competitive swimming instructions to swim team members in various age groups. Organizes and conducts team workouts.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
• Organizes and administers all assigned coaching responsibilities, including daily practices.
• Develops positive relationships with team members and provides motivational support and guidance.
• Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
• Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
• Attends swim meets and swim team functions as agreed upon by Supervisor.
• Ability to teach proper competitive swimming techniques.
• Demonstrates knowledge of sound competitive swimming skills.
• Ability to implement skills in a positive, healthy manner.
• 18 years of age or older.
• Current CPR/AED and First Aid or willing to obtain within 90 days of hire.
• Coaches Safety Training.
• One year or more of swim team experience preferred.
• Should be US swimming certified or must obtain within the first 90 days of employment.
• Must have night and weekend availability
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and an opportunity to participate in 403(b).
We require all applicants to submit an application, which can be found on our website: https://www.hrymca.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Employment-Application-Updated-for-2017.pdf
In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume and cover letter.
Please email your application, resume and cover letter to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org
Or mail/in person,
Attn: Sovina Mansfield,
How to Apply: See instructions in job description
Employers Website: https://www.hrymca.org/work-at-the-y/
Name/Company: Sovina Mansfield
286 Prospect St.
Northampton, Massachusetts 01060
Job Number: 38494