Job Title: Child Care
Hiring Period: Academic Year | Hourly Pay Rate: $13.50 | Hours per week: 20-27
On/Off Campus: Off Campus | Work-Study/Non Work-Study: Non Work-Study
Job Description: Hampshire Regional YMCA
SACC Site Coordinators
The core values that guide the YMCA in fulfilling the mission and goals are: Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility - For ALL.
Do you want to positively influence the lives of children and youth, encourage families to adopt healthy habits, and meet the needs of your community? The Hampshire YMCA is looking for cause driven Before and After School Site Group Leaders (SACC).
Monday-Friday (AM Care 7:00-8:45am) and/or (PM Care 2:45-6:00pm),
Ryan Rd, Jackson St and Bridge St. Elementary Schools.
Additional full day care opportunities during school vacation weeks, professional days, etc.
The successful candidate will have:
• A Site Coordinator shall be at least 20 years of age
• Experience and a desire to work with school age children in a variety of activities, including art, science, drama, music and physical education.
• SACC staff work in teams to plan and implement activities, as well as provide snack and quiet time each day for homework help or reading to our younger participants.
• SACC staff must adhere to the philosophy, policy, procedures and regulations of the HRYMCA and the EEC, our licensing organization.
• Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and have six months experience working with School Age children; or
• Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any field or an Associate’s Degree in a related field of study and have nine months experience working with school age children; or
• Have a High School diploma or equivalent and have one year of experience working with school age children
• Exhibits sensitivity in working with children and parents.
• Proficient in a range of recreational and creative skills.
• Be willing to become CPR and First Aid certified if they are not already
• Have reliable transportation.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and an opportunity to participate in 403(b)
We require all applicants to submit an application, which can be found on our website: http://www.hrymca.org
In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume and cover letter.
Please email your application, resume and cover letter to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org
Or mail/in person,
Attn: Sovina Mansfield,
How to Apply: Email, See instructions in job description
Employers Website: https://www.hrymca.org/
Name/Company: Sovina Mansfield
286 Prospect St.
Northampton, Massachusetts 01060
Job Number: 35517