Job Title: Landscaping
Hiring Period: Academic Year, Summer | Hourly Pay Rate: $12.75 | Hours per week: 4-20
On/Off Campus: On Campus | Work-Study/Non Work-Study: Work-Study, Non Work-Study | On Bus Route
Job Description: Central Operations (Facilities) Special Projects Position
Central Operations is looking to hire 4-6 students (4-20 hours/week) starting January 2020.
Special Projects Assistants are undergraduate students who are actively enrolled in a degree-granting program.
Each individual will work part time Spring 2020, Fall 2020, and Spring 2021.
Opportunity to continue working full-time throughout Summer 2020 will be made available depending on work performance and expressed interest.
Successful applicants are required to assist with opening (move-in) and closing (move-out) of the Residence Halls during the academic year.
Work hours will be scheduled between 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Work Study recipients are welcome, but an award is not required.
The Special Projects team plays an integral role in the Residential Life program at UMass.
Daily tasks are assigned by Donna Fitzgibbon, who is a Maintenance Technician I in Central Operations and the supervisor of Special Projects.
Tasks may include grounds work (mowing, raking, gardening, weeding, plant bed creation/maintenance, mulching, planting flowers, shrubs/occasional trees, and pruning).
Other tasks beyond landscaping may include assisting full-time trades to remove construction debris from on-going projects within halls, moving furniture and equipment, delivery/retrieval of bins, mail delivery/distribution, and other requested activity that will provide service to our primary stakeholders. All staff must possess a current driver’s license, and may not be under a judicial sanction or other legal restriction that may limit access to any segment of the on-campus residential community.
Daily tasks will be undertaken in both inclement and excellent weather conditions.
An ability to accomplish heavy lifting and moving is important.
• At minimum be committed to work at least three full consecutive semesters (Spring 2020, Fall 2020, and Spring 2021)
• Must be available to work between 4-20 hours a week Monday – Friday between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m.
• Must be dependable and reliable. Must exercise strong time management skills and arrive for work on time
• Has landscaping experience such as mowing, weed whacking, trimming bushes etc.
• Available to work Summer 2020 break (May after finals – September 2nd )
Instructions for Applicants:
Review of applications and scheduling of interviews will begin immediately until suitable applicant(s) are found. Interested candidates should email Sarah Moretti at email@example.com with the following information. Inquiries that do not include the information below will not be considered for an interview.
1. Attach a resume and share any landscaping experience in email
2. Articulate if you can work Spring 2020, Fall 2020, and Spring 2021
3. Provide three one-hour time blocks between 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday – Friday to schedule an interview
4. Articulate if you are interested in working Summer 2020 break
5. Share your availability/how many hours you are interested in working for the Spring 2020 semester
Interviews will take place at our Central Operations building located at 160 Tillson Farm Road Amherst, MA 01003.
How to Apply: Via Email (Please Do Not Call)
Contact: Sarah Moretti
Department: Residential Life, Central Operations
160 Tillson Farm Road, Office 104B
Amherst, Massachusetts 01003
How to Apply: Email, See instructions in job description
Name/Company: Sarah Moretti
Department: Residential Life
160 Tillson Farm Road
Amherst, Massachusetts 01003
Job Number: 35453