Job Title: Tutors
Hiring Period: Academic Year | Hourly Pay Rate: $12.75 | Hours per week: 10-20
On/Off Campus: On Campus | Work-Study/Non Work-Study: Work-Study, Non Work-Study | On Bus Route
Job Description: Spring Student Learning Assistants (Athletics)
The Learning Enhancement Program is designed to meet the needs of student-athletes diagnosed with specific learning disabilities and/or considered to be at-risk academically.
Student Learning Assistants work closely with students in the LEP to provide a structured and supportive environment that allows the student-athlete to strengthen their learning skills.
Student Learning Assistants are undergraduate or graduate students who work closely with student-athletes in the Learning Enhancement Program.
Student Learning Assistants work directly with student-athletes in weekly sessions to provide support in building time management, organization, note taking, reading comprehension, study strategies, and writing skills. Student
Learning Assistants believe that all students can learn under favorable conditions, have knowledge of conversing to create growth mindsets, and possess an interpersonal relationship style based on empathetic, problem solving responses that prioritize the student’s perspective.
Student Learning Assistant Responsibilities
• Complete the Student Learning Assistant online training course
• Attend the general tutor training conducted by the Tutor Coordinator
• Structure and facilitate individual student learning sessions
• Maintain weekly or daily communication with the Coordinator of Learning Enhancement
• Be advised of and adhere to all relevant NCAA Compliance Rules and Regulations
• Work with student-athletes in the Foote Academic Success Center
• Submit timely online reports for appointments in the NAVIGATE System
• Submit weekly payrolls to the Coordinator of Learning Enhancement
Student Learning Assistants must be able to demonstrate the highest level of professionalism in order to create a positive working environment defined by personal and professional competence, integrity, and collaboration. The minimum requirements to be a Student Learning Assistant are as follows:
• Knowledge of basic skills that are applicable to all subject areas i.e. organization, planning, studying, test-taking, essay composition, etc.
• Must be responsible and professional
• Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply: See Website
Name/Company: Colby Hall
131 Commonwealth Avenue
Amherst, Massachusetts 01002
Job Number: 35435