Job Title: Program Assistant
Hiring Period: Academic Year | Hourly Pay Rate: $15.00 | Hours per week: 15-20
On/Off Campus: On Campus | Work-Study/Non Work-Study: Work-Study, Non Work-Study | On Bus Route
Job Description: UMass Summer Programs seeks a Program Assistant (PA) for the Friends of Fulbright exchange program.
The program gives Argentinean undergraduate students the chance to attend classes at an accredited United States university and share the experience of living and studying with students from the U.S. and other countries during the Spring 2020 semester.
Students will also participate in cultural immersion activities including community service, field trips and seminars.
This is a part-time position beginning January 2020 with an expectation of 15-20 hours per week.
Planned and unplanned program responsibilities may affect working hours (field trips, health/safety issues, etc.).
The PA will function as primary liaison to the cohort for the duration of the six-week program, plan and lead group events and activities, and assist in the organization and execution of off-campus field trips.
The PA should demonstrate an interest in international exchange and should positively represent UMass Amherst as a campus ambassador to the incoming students.
The PA will work closely with and report to Summer Programs administrative staff.
The position requires a high level of organization and flexible attitude. During the operational period, the ideal candidate will be responsive and engaged.
Schedule is flexible with some mandatory working dates, evening and weekend work.
Must be available to work part-time for the entire duration of the program.
Responsibilities and expectations include:
• Be present for airport pickup in Boston and assist with group transfer to campus.
• Assist in development of student orientation.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of events and activities.
• Lead and attend field trips – New York (overnight) and Boston (day trip).
• Provide residential and general administrative assistance to students.
• Communicate issues/emergencies in real time.
• Socialize and engage with students. Organize meetups/communicate upcoming campus events (hockey games, FAC events, etc.) and 1-2 group dinners weekly.
• Spanish language proficiency.
• Residential leadership experience.
• Event coordination experience.
• Established knowledge of UMass resources.
Hourly pay rate is $15/hour.
Two meals per week are provided for group dinners.
Expenses for planned activities are also provided (with prior confirmation with Summer Programs staff).
To apply send a resume with two references and a statement of interest (150-300 words) to email@example.com.
How to Apply: Email, Send Resume, See instructions in job description
Name/Company: UMass Summer Programs
Department: Summer Programs
350 Campus Center Way
Amherst, Massachusetts 01003
Job Number: 35377