Job Title: Recycling Assistant
Hiring Period: Academic Year | Hourly Pay Rate: $12.75 | Hours per week: 15-20
On/Off Campus: On Campus | Work-Study/Non Work-Study: Work-Study | On Bus Route
Job Description: The UMass Office of Waste Management is looking to hire students for a Recycling Assistant for the rest of Fall, and Winter Break of 2019.
Available hours are Monday thru Friday between the hours of 7am to 2:30pm.
This position is a jack of all trades job and can vary day to day depending on the needs of our operation:
1. The duties of the Recycling Assistant include but are not limited to:
2. Sorting and packaging recyclable material.
3. Demanufacturing of equipment, e.g. refrigerators, air conditioners, freezers.
4. Shredding documents.
5. General cleaning and maintenance of the facility.
6. Labeling, cleaning, repairing, recycling containers.
7. Loading recyclables into various containers for shipping.
The position requires the use of basic skills with various hand tools: drills, hammer, saws all, screw drivers, wrenches, pressure washer, etc.
We will train students as necessary.
How to Apply: Email, Send Resume
Name/Company: Brian Carroll
Department: Office of Waste Management
Office of Waste Management
151 Tillson Farm Rd
Amherst, Massachusetts 01003
Job Number: 35227