Job Title: Swim Instructor
Hiring Period: Academic Year, Summer | Hourly Pay Rate: $12.00 | Hours per week: 4-15
On/Off Campus: Off Campus | Work-Study/Non Work-Study: Non Work-Study
Job Description: Do you want to teach a child a life-saving skill that is fun and great for their physical health?
The HRYMCA is seeking enthusiastic swim instructors who will have a positive and lasting impact on a child's life.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
• Instructs swimming lessons as assigned in accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared lesson plans accordingly.
• Develops positive relationships with members and participants and provides motivational support and guidance.
• Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers members and participants to other programs.
• Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
• Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
• Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
• Trains and supervises class aides as assigned.
• Certifications: CPR, AED, Basic First Aid certification.
• Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
• YMCA Swim Instructor certification, or equivalent; we are willing to train.
• At least 16 years of age.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and an opportunity to participate in 403(b).
We require all applicants to submit an application, which can be found on our website: http://www.hrymca.org
In addition to the application, we'll gladly take your resume and cover letter.
Please email your application, resume and cover letter to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org
Or mail/in person, Attn: Sovina Mansfield
How to Apply: Email, See instructions in job description
Employers Website: https://www.hrymca.org/
Name/Company: Sovina Mansfield
286 Prospect St
Northampton, Massachusetts 01060
Job Number: 35089