Job Title: Child Care
Hiring Period: Academic Year, Summer | Hourly Pay Rate: $12.00 | Hours per week: 10-20
On/Off Campus: Off Campus | Work-Study/Non Work-Study: Non Work-Study
Job Description: The Hampshire Regional YMCA is currently hiring part-time staff for our Youth Center.
Youth Center staff is responsible for helping create a welcoming community where 9-18 year olds are comfortable expressing themselves and feel the benefits of belonging to a community.
Staff oversees safe and innovative activities for 9-18 years in the Youth Center at the HR YMCA.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
• Exercise creativity and share personal interests through designing new programming.
• Greet youth center participants and parents when they come into the youth center.
• Create conversation with all youth you encounter at the HR YMCA, including outside of the youth center.
• Support the creation of a judgement-free zone in the Youth Center by reserving judgement of youth and empowering self-expression.
• Provide support for your co-workers in regard to enforcing policies, creating programming, forging relationships with youth, and any other work-related challenges.
• Always maintain a positive attitude and model the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility for participating youth.
• Supervise all activities in a way that ensures safety of all youth. Understand that the safety of the youth is the foremost priority.
• Maintain responsibility for cleanliness and organization of work space. Complete daily cleaning and organizational responsibilities.
• Have CPR/First Aid certification (or must become certified within 90 days)
• Have education or experience in childcare preferred
• Have excellent customer service skills and ability to read and understand instructions, directions and safety documents
• Hours of Youth Center: Monday-Friday 3-7pm and Weekends from 10am-2pm
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and an opportunity to participate in 403(b).
We require all applicants to submit an application, which can be found on our website: https://www.hrymca.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Employment-Application-Updated-for-2017.pdf
In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume and cover letter.
Please email your application, resume and cover letter to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org
Or mail/in person,
Attn: Sovina Mansfield,
How to Apply: See instructions in job description
Employers Website: https://www.hrymca.org/
Name/Company: Sovina Mansfield
286 Prospect St
Northamtpon, Massachusetts 01060
Job Number: 34821