Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Hiring Period: Academic Year | Hourly Pay Rate: $12.00 | Hours per week: 8-10
On/Off Campus: On Campus | Work-Study/Non Work-Study: Work-Study, Non Work-Study | On Bus Route
Job Description: The College of Information and Computer Sciences is seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized Assistant Accountant to join our growing team.
In this position, you will play a key role in managing the finances of the college, including processing payments, keeping financial records, preparing reports, and updating financial information.
MUST be available Wednesday's from 9:30am - 11:30am.
Accounting Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
• Keep financial records up-to-date
• Process business transactions
• Assist in handling bookkeeping and following accounting best practices
• Prepare purchase orders
• Monitor vendor statements, wire transfer requests, and other transactions
• Assist accountant and accounting manager with audits, forecasts, and other fiscal planning
• Correct and modify inaccurate files and records
• Reconcile account balances
• Assist financial department, accountants, other assistants, and accounting manager as needed
• Filing, mailing, and other duties as needed
• Travel reimbursements
• Data entry
Accounting Assistant Requirements and Qualifications
• Pursuing degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
• Excellent computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices
• Pays strict attention to detail
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
Interested applicants please contact Jeff Keedy via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include your resume, class schedule, and the names and contact information of 2 references.
How to Apply: Email, Send Resume, See instructions in job description
Name/Company: Jeff Keedy
Department: College of Information and Computer Sciences
College of Information and Computer Sciences
140 Governors Drive
Amherst, Massachusetts 01003
Job Number: 34175