Job Title: Group Leader
Hiring Period: Academic Year | Hourly Pay Rate: $12.00 | Hours per week: 15-20
On/Off Campus: Off Campus | Work-Study/Non Work-Study: Work-Study
Job Description: Amherst Boys & Girls Club
This is a part-time position.
The work hours are Mon thru Fri 2:30 – 6:30.
You will aid in the management of the Youth Drop in program.
Your key duties include; assisting in the planning, organizing, and monitoring of recreational and enrichment activities.
The Group Leader is under the direct supervision of the Executive Director and shall perform daily duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create and maintain a welcoming atmosphere for all program participants.
• Prioritize and handle multiple program tasks.
• Supervise participants and implement behavior management policy as necessary.
• Oversee the dispensing of and proper use of equipment and supplies.
• Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly condition of program site & equipment.
• Supervise program activities.
• Provide instruction in a wide variety of extension activities.
• Maintain attendance records, by use of sign in sheet.
• Prepare daily job-related paperwork as necessary.
• Work collaboratively with program staff.
• Plan and implement Club activities in response to participant’s interest.
• Serve as positive ambassador for our program.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Must be Work Study eligible
• Must have experience working with low income families, and/or culturally diverse populations.
• Must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check.
• Must have strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to role-model positive behaviors.
• Must have excellent relationship building skills
How to Apply: Email, Call, In Person, Send Resume
Name/Company: Tony Poti
Department: 29 A Cottage Street
29 A Cottage Street
Amherst, Massachusetts 01002
Job Number: 33200